Sunday, September 28, 2008

Frisco Softball




On Saturday, Ninny and I went to Frisco to watch Ashton play softball. She plays every Saturday morning and since I'm either working on a media guide or at a football game, I haven't gotten to see her play.

Thursday morning on my way to work I realized that if I got up early and headed up there, I could be back in time to do what I needed to do at the equestrian match. So, mom and I left at 7 a.m. and drove to Erin and Bobby's house. We didn't tell Ashton we were coming.

When we rang the doorbell around 9:15, Ashton asked Erin, "who's ringing our door bell on a Saturday morning." Erin said, "go open it and see." The look on Ashton's face was priceless! She was totally shocked that we would drive up there just to watch her play. The game reminded me of when we used to watch her mom and aunts play at that age.

After the game we got food from Rudy's and spend some time visiting before heading back around 1 p.m.

We had a really good time not only watching softball but playing with Landry and visiting with Bobby and Erin.

3 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

Thank you so much for coming up to watch her and for bringing Ninny! She was so happy and suprised... absolutely loved it! It means a lot that you would wake up early and drive 2 hours to come see her...she is a lucky little girl (they both are) to have you!

The Leonard Four said...

what a terrific surprise! i'm so glad that y'all got to see miss a play! maybe next time y'all are here, we'll get to see you! :)

Tutu said...

Thanks for the beautiful photo of Ma and Landry; so cute!

SLIDESHOW