Monday, April 13, 2009

Elvira



For those of you who don't know, the Bennett Clan names all of our cars, a practice started (as far as I know) by Bruce. Currently in our immediate family (me & Bruce) we have Titus (Bruce's 2004 F-250 Truck), Elvira (my 2004 Expedition), Mickey Mustang (a 65 Mustang that sits in our backyard), Lilly Lynx (inhabits our field), Molly Mustang (also in the field) and Ferdinand Ford (in California safely tucked away in a garage). We have also had (among others) Delbert Dodge, Ellie Explorer, Thor (F-350 truck), Freddie Falcon, Mildred Mustang, Sunny Sunbird, Oscar Oldsmobile and Virgil Vega.

Anyway, I deviate from my original thought so I'll get back on track. Elvira, which I bought brand new, just recorded her 100,000th mile on Friday. As you can see from the pictures I recorded the 99,999.9 milestone as well as the 100,000.

I know Brodie (grandson) thought I was crazy. As we were toodling around Waco on Friday I had to time the milestone so that we were on a street that I would be able to pull over and take a picture of the odometer. Luckily we were on Old Lorena Road and it worked like a charm.

4 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

i love that y'all name cars and that you caught elvira's milestone! :)

B.E.A.L. said...

I am so proud of you for stopping and taking a picture! You are a serious blogger now!

Love the name tradition...

Tutu said...

And it also got one degree warmer with the extra mile!

Megan Bottoms said...

the field also known as death row for the cars that aren't driven anymore. my cars were "Tracy" Mercury Tracer, "Foxy" Ford Focus and I don't think I've named my current Trailblazer. Humm. I can't believe I forgot!

SLIDESHOW