Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Day with Parker




Yesterday Megan and Ricci had a wedding to go to so Parker and I had a date.

With permission from Megan, I took him to see his first movie. Since he LOVES Woody and Buzz Lightyear, we went to see Toy Story 3. Well, half of it any way which is more than I really expected him to last through.

After we left the movie we went to visit Ninny. He has special toys at Ninny's house and makes a b-line for them each time. I thought he was going to try to take his favorite flashlight home, but a quick pocket check showed that he was a good boy and had put it back in its storage place.

Next it was on to Toys R Us. A couple of weeks ago I babysat him and since we couldn't stay around our house (Bruce was sleeping) or go t Megan's (she was having a party), we went shopping at Toys R Us and Wal-Mart. I told him before we went to TRU that I would buy him a small toy but not a big one. I let him walk around rather than ride in a cart and he did great. Had a blast playing with all the toys. He would find a toy that he liked (mainly a Firetruck) and I'd say no that's too big, I'd find a small firetruck and he'd say no that's too small. This went on the whole time we were in TRU and WM. It was hilarious.

Anyway, back to the original story. Ninny asked him if he was going to get a toy at TRU and he said no, just gonna ride the toys (meaning sitting in/on the big motorized cars and tractors). When we got there that's the first place he wanted to visit. Luckily, all of the 'batteries' on the cars were 'dead' and he couldn't drive them, just sit in them.

To make a long story short, since he was so well behaved, we got him a fireman's suit. After eating at McDonald's (his intake consisted of chocolate milk, a few french fries and then he literally drank what was left of his BBQ dipping sauce). How gross is that, didn't touch his chicken nuggets.

Then it was off to Auntie Heather's to proudly show off his fireman's outfit. Then it was time for Grampy to wake up so we went there to visit him. We headed back to Parker's house about 8:15, intending to put him to bed, NOT.

He was soooooooooooooo excited about showing his mom and dad his new toys that he insisted on staying up until they got home. What's a Grammy do to, say no? I don't think so. LOL.

So, when they got home (about 10:15) he was sooooo excited. Hopefully, he slept in for them this morning. I don't think they had an easy time getting him to bed because when I left he still had the coat on and had gathered up the hat, mask, fire extinguisher, badge and hatchet, put them in a pile and was laying across them saying "don't take my fireman toys away from me!!!"

Aw, the joys of being a grandparent and being able to leave and go home.

Enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

B.E.A.L. said...

what an awesome recap of yall's day and I just love Parker B and his BIG personality!

He does look pretty cute with his stuff...he might need to hide that the next time we are down because I have a little girl that is just as obsessed with firefighters these days!

Isn't being a Grammy greatness?

SLIDESHOW