Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back to Work



After three weeks of vacation, it's back to work for me tomorrow.

Two weeks of my time off were spent in a car on our 'road trip' and the other week was spent on Bennett Acres.

Bruce and I both had the past week off and spent it doing 'projects' around the house. When I stopped by Pilot of my way to the grocery store this morning one of the cashiers said, "Has Bear (that's what they call him there) been enjoying his vacation?" I replied, "I don't think Bear would categorize this past week as a vacation!"

We spent the mornings working in the fields. For those of you who haven't been to our house, we live on two acres and have a large field behind the house and one to the side. We mowed and cleared both fields, Bruce had to do most of the 'dirty' work because there's a lot of poison ivy/oak around and we have found that I'm highly allergic to it but it doesn't bother him.

One thing I did was add our house number to the front of the house, after living here for 15 years I figured it was about time that we had our address on something other than the side of the mailbox post!

The around noon we'd move on to projects inside the house.

I did go into the office a couple of times during the week for an hour or so and Bruce did the same at Pilot.

I go back to work on Monday facing two media guides and several other immediate projects. Bruce will return to work on Thursday.

Also this week, Erin, Ashton and Landry came down and spent the night. We all went out to dinner on Monday, besides the Bryce's, Ninny, Megan, Ricci, Parker, Heather, Jon, Chris and Brodie joined us at Texas Roadhouse.

Tuesday morning Brodie, my sister Sara, Bruce, Erin, Ashton and Landry all went to Waco's Cameron Park Zoo. It is a fairly small zoo, it took us two hours to see, but was perfect for Ashton. You are able to get much closer to the animals than you can at the larger zoos and it wasn't too crowded.

That's all for now...later.

2 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

Love the numbers on the house...looks sharp! Have fun going back to work! We enjoyed our visit very much!

Sister/Aunt Becky said...

YOur hard work paid off. House looks real nice

SLIDESHOW